Black Rock Kit Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewratt

Reaction score
My wife's sisters don't like beer, but they do like cider, so when I saw that my local brew-store had gotten a cider kit in (Black Rock) I decided I'd give it a try.
So I very carefully read all the instructions, they're not much help, so... any recommendations, or answers to some questions before I start?

The kit calls for 2.2 lbs of sugar, I was thinking of using some Agave left over from a test beer instead, hoping it will give some good dry crispness.
The recommended temperature range is 73-81F, so it should be fine fermenting with my ales, true?
The instructions say the FG should be 1.006, but says nothing about a target OG.
Finally, If the girls like my cider, any recommendations for the next batch.

Another question I almost forget. Priming sugar, in the instructions it gives a per bottle amount, I prefer adding a set amount of priming sugar to the whole batch, can I just do the regular 3/4 cp or corn sugar or is there a difference in cider I should know about?

Back