Black pudding.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Mecca today.

pict0003nt3.jpg

pict0004rw8.jpg

pict0005uu3.jpg

pict0006ni1.jpg

No offense, Orfy, but that stuff is disgusting. I'll try anything once, but not necessarily twice.

There are some things I will try. After reading about what that stuff is, I'll have to pass.

What? Pigs blood - No way!

Why do we happily munch flesh and muscle (and a lot worse if you eat cheap sausages) but find the idea of eating blood from the same animal so frightening? As you are reading this page you have probably got over this irrational fear, if not read on and you might be tempted to try one of the greatest treats in the sausage world!
What is black pudding?

Black pudding is boiled pig's blood in a length of intestine. In the UK our puddings are usually bound with cereal with suet or cubes of fat added. European puddings are lighter because they are often made with cream instead of cereals.
blackpudding2.jpg
Black pudding is especially popular in Northern England, Scotland and Ireland. The heartland for black puddings must be Lancashire. A visit to any of the markets in Lancashire, such as Preston, Bury or Accrington Stanley is a must for the black pudding connoisseur.
The World Black Pudding throwing Competition takes place every year in Bury, the object is to throw puddings at a row of Yorkshire Puddings on a wall and knock off as many as possible!

I am a Lancashire lad. Born and Bred.

I'll try just about anything, and saw no reason not to try black pudding during my recent trip to London. I ate it at a few places, and while it's edible, it's certainly not my favorite thing.

I've had blood sausage from Argentina several times, and it doesn't do it for me either. Blood products have a cloying sweetness that I don't care for.

It's like German Blutwurst (blood sausage), I'll eat that. But we don't necessarily reheat them.

Kai

I like blood sausage from Argentina not something I would want every week or anything but its good from time to time.

I'm madly in love with haggis, but blood pudding.....that's just nasty.

Enjoy eating black pudding myself, but I can see it's a taste most wouldn't enjoy. Love a good Irish fry with black and white pudding along with the rasher, bangers, and beans.

Latest posts

Back