Black peppercorn??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timschram

Reaction score
I want to do a session ale but had an idea of using a small amount of black peppercorn for a subtle hint of black pepper. Has anyone ever had success with this? Any recommendations for how much to use? With what grains and hops would this work??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I agree. Pepper in certain beers tastes good.

I brewed a Odell's Myrcenary-ish IIPA and used a bit of Chinook among numerous other hops, at 20 mins... what I got before bottle carbing was this overwhelmingly peppery beer. I thought... Whoa. That tastes awesome in conjunction with all the citrusy/flowery hops I used. Unfortunately, the pepper subsided quite a bit. It was still there after carbing but not as up front at all.

Here's my recipe. I loved it and have brewed it twice since my first brew.

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/274652/odells-myrcenary-clone-extract-w-specialty-grains

Good luck.

scottyb

Elysian makes a peppercorn saison that I really like. The peppercorns work really well with the saison which is normally a little peppery

Would 5-10 peppercorns with willamette and centennial hops work??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back