BK Yeast Cantillon Iris C1 C2 & C3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbien

Reaction score
Anyone still have any these and will to trade for some beer, some ECY or just sell to me?

i don't have any pure BKY, but i have a mix: BKY C2 + ECY03b + and ECY04. lemme know if you want to trade.

If you've got some after he's taken care of I'm willing to trade some beer or cash as well.

If you've got some after he's taken care of I'm willing to trade some beer or cash as well.
i currently have 11 oz of starter of this mix in a 12 oz bottle. there is about a half-inch yeast cake at the bottom of it. happy to split it 3 ways and keep a third for my self to grow back up. would be plenty for pitching in secondary, but would need to be propped up for a primary pitch.

i got this mix from TNGabe so he gets first dibs on providing this mix to you... don't want to undercut him.

no cash, i will only trade for beer :mug: (preferably sour and/or funky)

I'm not sure how many generations I'd go out on that blend Andrei. I've dropped ECY04 from my line up. The blend seems to be working out ok about 6 months on in the beer I've got going with it now, but ECY04 on it's own is excessively phenolic and develops a really sharp character over time. In moderation that character seems to be adding some depth to the fruit from the 03B and the cheesy funk from BKY, but I wouldn't want to keep using the blend if it seems like the 04 is shifting to be a larger part of it.

I do have the other two seperately still. I'm not sure if the BKY is the C2 or not, I had all 3 at one point as well as a blend of the 3. I didn't even get it from Dimitri originally, but from someone else here on HBT. I need to get the BKY going again, but it would be at least a month before I had any to send out. Maybe longer, as I'm prone to slacking.

I'm not sure how many generations I'd go out on that blend
i pitched most of what you sent me into my beer (batch is called "bugz n' critters" :)) and put a bit into a 12 oz bottle with some starter wort. so i would be sending out second generation.

but I wouldn't want to keep using the blend if it seems like the 04 is shifting to be a larger part of it.
do you have any reason to believe that the 04 reproduces faster than the C2 or the 03b? i'm assuming that their growth rates are about the same, so it's my hope that none of the three is taking over. evaluating via sensory is going to take a while...

I do have the other two seperately still. I'm not sure if the BKY is the C2 or not, I had all 3 at one point as well as a blend of the 3. I didn't even get it from Dimitri originally, but from someone else here on HBT. I need to get the BKY going again, but it would be at least a month before I had any to send out. Maybe longer, as I'm prone to slacking.

Could I convince you to sell, trade or send me some?

i don't have any pure BKY, but i have a mix: BKY C2 + ECY03b + and ECY04. lemme know if you want to trade.

I'm hoping to get the pure culture, it was by far my favorite of BKY stuff. I made some really interesting farmhouse beers with this strain as the primary. Crazy cherry aroma.

No reason to believe ECY04 will out compete, but wouldn't to waste a batch finding out it had.

PM me Brewbien. Then PM again in April to remind me. I can be slow about stuff like this.

Back