Biker Trash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highside

Reaction score
I know there are a few of you here at least. What do you ride?

My currents are a '13 Aprilia Tuono and the old '06 Triumph Daytona 675 for daily commute duties.

DSC_1201-X2.jpg

DSC_1352-X2.jpg

%272938726-129Slayer-X2.jpg

Thanks, they are loud as they have no baffles. I am using a Cobra Autotuner and have no decel pop or issues with mileage.

I bet your bike is fun on "the Dragon". I have read about it but don't live in the US anymore so no opportunity to ride that. I got plenty of places here though that is similar.

07 GT Avalanche 3 mountain bike
13 GT GTR Series 3 road bike

Both are 1 jackass powerered

Most of my life I've been a speed freak with a death wish. Always road rice rockets. KZ 1000 bored out. GPZ1100 rocket. Spitting lanes on one wheel over a buck was my morn. Ya ya I know but I'm still here so F it.

After the wife starting spitting out kids I had to start giving a **** about staying alive. To slow down I went to HD,s.

Problem is I still have a hard time not splitting lanes doing a buck. Although at over 850lbs I can't get the wheel up on the highway.

a>

Meh.....my Kaw KZ-440 is in the shop and will probably be there for a LONG time.

Sadly due to my hard drive biting the big one I lost all but one photo of my Trumpet I sold a couple of years back. Bad lower back injury made driving painful. Was a stretched 1975 Triumph 750, hard tail, springer front end and forward controls. Did I mention zero springs in the rear with the seat mounted right to the fender. Fun ride but nothing you'd want to throw into a turn. Sorry about pic, all I have left that I can find. Now I regret selling it. Pic was taken after a light rain as well.

chopper0001.jpg

Mine. A heavily modified and tuned 04' VT750 Shadow Aero. All the customization was done in my garage, including paint. Took from this;

img_0285-57595.jpg

to this;

vt750cdyno-59178.jpg

aero-2-64822.jpg
WTF's up with the air/fuel ratio line, that has more waves then the bay does at the moment and it's pretty stormy.
Edit: is that carbureted? Gotten so used to looking at fuel injection a/f ratios that I forget some times and I see it's an 04.

My new to me dresser, setting it up the way I want it for the season, it's come a long way from what I bought;)
Puts out respectable numbers, 102hp, 106 ft/lb torque

IMG_5783.jpg

WTF's up with the air/fuel ratio line, that has more waves then the bay does at the moment and it's pretty stormy.
Edit: is that carbureted? Gotten so used to looking at fuel injection a/f ratios that I forget some times and I see it's an 04.

My new to me dresser, setting it up the way I want it for the season, it's come a long way from what I bought;)
Puts out respectable numbers, 102hp, 106 ft/lb torque

Yep. Carburated and has all of the smog control crap stripped out.

Last year of the line to have a carburetor, IIRC.

Sweet, what year? I have a special place in my heart for Bimmers.

It's a 1973 R75/5, toaster tank obviously. My dad purchased it new and rode it until 2004 when he upgraded to an R1150RT. It sat for a while before I could convince him to part with it :rockin:

The one on the stand is my 2004 Suzuki VL800. Bought that brand new 11 years ago fresh out of high school.

The older one is my new bike i just picked up and need to start tearing down. It's an 81' Honda CX500 with around 14k on the odo. It'll be a project for sure but so worth it when I'm done.

View attachment 1424532104011.jpg

View attachment 1424532196645.jpg

The one on the stand is my 2004 Suzuki VL800. Bought that brand new 11 years ago fresh out of high school.

The older one is my new bike i just picked up and need to start tearing down. It's an 81' Honda CX500 with around 14k on the odo. It'll be a project for sure but so worth it when I'm done.

Had a CX many moons ago, what's you plan? Bobber?

Had a CX many moons ago, what's you plan? Bobber?

More of cafe style. Want something I can zip around down the coast here.

Pretty windy roads that the Suzuki handles well but I want more of an attack postion heading into the corners instead of the soupy ride I get from my cruiser. Don't get me wrong the wife loves the Suzuki and the rides we go on but I just want that solo bike I can go out and have fun on.

I had a C50, the replacement model for the VL800. A bit vibey at 70+, but a great bike. It was my commuter for several years and did the job well.

I had a C50, the replacement model for the VL800. A bit vibey at 70+, but a great bike. It was my commuter for several years and did the job well.

Yea that's the only drawback to the smaller c50/vl800. The gearing is wierd for the higher speeds and it vibrates awesomely haha. But if you swap in a modified C90/VL1500 drive it's supposed to drop the final gear down a bit and the rpms aren't so high causing that shake.

Oh snap my father in law got one of those for 200 bucks it's sweet to ride around on.

Latest posts

Back