Big Pallet O' Grain (and hops)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewguru

Reaction score
Hey all-grain brewers -
I'm putting together a purchase of a pallet of grain (40+ 50 Lb. bags) for delievery to Austin, Texas. We get a great deal on these bulk buys - much less than retail price. If anyone is interested in stocking-up on some grains, I can get you a pricelist to choose from. I am asking for a 4 bag minimum order to be sure that we get enough bags to qualify for the shipment (40 bag minimum).
Also - I will be getting a price list for hops as well. I'm sure that you are aware of the hop shortage for 2007 (because of last year's poor harvest and fire losses), but did you know that this years harvest will also be short? That's right, even if 100% of all hops grown around the world in 2007 make it to market this September, it is still not enough to meet the demand. Hop prices are headed one way - up. I'm not sure what our minimum hop purchase quantity is in order to get our discounting, but I will post that information shortly.

Please chime in and let me know of your interest in participating in this!

Cheers - BrewGuru:tank:

Heh, with Brewpastor and Forrest on board, I think you'll be ordering more than one pallet of grain.... ;-)

EvilTOJ said:
Heh, with Brewpastor and Forrest on board, I think you'll be ordering more than one pallet of grain.... ;-)

Ya, Forrest will take 100 skids please. :rockin:

brewguru said:
Hey all-grain brewers -
I'm putting together a purchase of a pallet of grain (40+ 50 Lb. bags) for delievery to Austin, Texas. We get a great deal on these bulk buys - much less than retail price. If anyone is interested in stocking-up on some grains, I can get you a pricelist to choose from. I am asking for a 4 bag minimum order to be sure that we get enough bags to qualify for the shipment (40 bag minimum).
Also - I will be getting a price list for hops as well. I'm sure that you are aware of the hop shortage for 2007 (because of last year's poor harvest and fire losses), but did you know that this years harvest will also be short? That's right, even if 100% of all hops grown around the world in 2007 make it to market this September, it is still not enough to meet the demand. Hop prices are headed one way - up. I'm not sure what our minimum hop purchase quantity is in order to get our discounting, but I will post that information shortly.

Please chime in and let me know of your interest in participating in this!

Cheers - BrewGuru:tank:

Where are you buying the grain from?

Lil' Sparky said:
bump.

Anyone else interested? We need to add about 20 more sacks to fill a 2nd pallet.
I would love to but I live in South Central Pa. Would be nice to do the same thing up here, good idea. Any Maryland and Pa brewers interested in doing something similar?

I'd be down with a bulk buy in the pa area. Let me know if you get anything going.
Maybe the mods can move our posts to a new thread so we don't corrupt this one.

Back