Big Green Egg opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can get replacement parts directly from the mothership of bge in atlanta, ga. they will ship them direct to you for a small charge or to a dealer nearby or of your choice with that dealer's order.

I have a bge chiminea and the problem with bge us if your retailer closes you are screwed for warranty my bge retailer closed my buddie had a firebox problem and jumped through hoops to get service! They kept telling him to go to the retailer! My friend also has a grilldome and it dosent need a gasket it is a very good product and in my opinion it is better than bge! The bge looks cooler if you like green! As with everything personal preference is everything! I have been using a sazco for 20 years they were the first ceramic egg pre bge it is ceramic blend from the former Rhodesia that now due to international trade law can't be traded! 20 years of high heat cooks not a crack my dad had it 20 years before that! Pull the trigger on the bge if ya want make sure to save the recipt incase the dealer you bought it from goes under.

I don't believe that at all. The BGE is used a lot by competitive BBQ teams that travel all over the country and I know they have gotten warranty items far from where they were purchased. BGE has an excellent reputation for their customer service. At least that has been my experience.

Uh oh, lets not get into BGE vs. every other outdoor cooker battle... I have a large BGE and just cooked on it tonight. The egg is awesome. It makes cooking great food easy and is fun to cook on as well.

You mentioned pros and cons. The pros are everything. The only con is price. Find someone near you with one and hop in on a cook. You'll quickly see why so many people love them.

If you do buy a bge do not buy from an online retailer bge won't honor the warranty it states that on the website! I am very happy with my chiminea from bge and my small! Juts my opnion if I had to do it again I would go grill dome! Nothing personal just company policy price service and build quality. Not offend the offended I love my bge products they just don't have the corner on ceramic cookers and if I lived in a cold weather climate again grill dome would be a better fit for me!

Latest posts

Back