Beware of Lawn Mower Beers!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugenBrau

Reaction score
From the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle(New York) Monday August 16th

A 24-year-old Bloomfield man was charged Saturday with driving a lawn tractor while intoxicated.
Christopher M. Pool was pulled over for failing to signal a turn while driving a lawn tractor on Route 20A and County Road 2, according to the Ontario County Sheriff's Office.
Pool also faces charges of having an unregistered motor vehicle, uninspected motor vehicle, operating without insurance, insufficient turn signal and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle. Pool is scheduled to return to court at a later date to answer the charges.

There are also some cases (you can find videos of the news reports) where people were arrested for DWI for driving a motorized chairs, stools, and couches while drunk. Pretty funny stuff.

Drunk driving aside, do farm tractors need to be licensed to drive on the road between fields??

I really wish this was shocking or even new to me but it is not. You can even get a OWI on a bicycle. If you are the operator on a snowmobile or a boat the same thing applies and it counts against your drivers license!

There has been more than 1 person who has lost their DL around here and then started driving lawn mowers/tractors to the bar/liquor store while under the influence.

Bottom line is OWI is OWI. Another little interesting fact, most people that get caught for OWI have been OWI in the past and did not get caught about 10 times...

Take a cab if you are planning to do some imbibing away from home, both ways. (I find that it is hard to drive a car that is parked at home while I am not!) A $50.00 cab ride both ways is still cheaper than the fine!!!

This was a lawn tractor(mower).

I understand, just wondering about tractors. I have one I use for cutting my grass, tilling and a bunch of other stuff on my property but the turn radius makes it easier for me to turn around on the road. It is a rural road with little traffic and farmers driving back and forth all the time on their tractors but I am not sure if a license or tags are required. I don't think so but not sure.

i just happened to look at this thread and i remember reading this story when it first came out in my paper; the rochester D&C
LOL

From the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle(New York) Monday August 16th

A 24-year-old Bloomfield man was charged Saturday with driving a lawn tractor while intoxicated.
Christopher M. Pool was pulled over for failing to signal a turn while driving a lawn tractor on Route 20A and County Road 2, according to the Ontario County Sheriff's Office.
Pool also faces charges of having an unregistered motor vehicle, uninspected motor vehicle, operating without insurance, insufficient turn signal and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle. Pool is scheduled to return to court at a later date to answer the charges.

are you from interlaken

I really wish this was shocking or even new to me but it is not. You can even get a OWI on a bicycle. If you are the operator on a snowmobile or a boat the same thing applies and it counts against your drivers license!

There has been more than 1 person who has lost their DL around here and then started driving lawn mowers/tractors to the bar/liquor store while under the influence.

Bottom line is OWI is OWI. Another little interesting fact, most people that get caught for OWI have been OWI in the past and did not get caught about 10 times...

Take a cab if you are planning to do some imbibing away from home, both ways. (I find that it is hard to drive a car that is parked at home while I am not!) A $50.00 cab ride both ways is still cheaper than the fine!!!

Here in South Dakota it is legal to ride both a bicycle and a horse while drunk.

I wish that was from Wayne county, that way it could have made the Wayne County Times. Wonderful publication.

Drunk driving aside, do farm tractors need to be licensed to drive on the road between fields??

yes, you need to have a license plate on them which are "vehicle in transit" type plates. i work for an environmental company where we have road ready backhoes and digging machinery and the ones that drive on any roads need to have a license plate in order to drive on the road even for a short distance. That is NJ law, though, so i can't speak for every state. Of course NJ has the most laws since the overpaid fatcat politicians have to make BS bogus laws in order to justify their high payrolls to make it look like they're doing something. ****ers:mad:

Here in bama it's not legal to ride a horse while drunk........also it's worse if the horse is also drunk..........

I understand, just wondering about tractors. I have one I use for cutting my grass, tilling and a bunch of other stuff on my property but the turn radius makes it easier for me to turn around on the road. It is a rural road with little traffic and farmers driving back and forth all the time on their tractors but I am not sure if a license or tags are required. I don't think so but not sure.

in oklahoma a valid farm tax id. alows you to drive any farm equp on the road for farm biz if the sun is up
and noone here has to tag trailors.

And then there is this guy in today's paper:

DWI suspect, unlicensed since '77, drives 11 miles without tire

A Genesee County man who apparently has been driving without a license for 33 years is facing numerous felony charges, including driving while intoxicated.

Duane M. Bush, 61, of Silver Road, Bethany, was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and driving with a blood alcohol content of more than .08 percent, according to Genesee County sheriff’s deputies. He was also ticketed for failure to keep right and operating a motor vehicle by an unlicensed driver, deputies said.

Bush is accused of driving with a blood-alcohol content that is 3.5 times the legal threshold for driving while intoxicated, deputies said.

Bush, who deputies said has been driving without a license since 1977, was driving south on Francis Road in Bethany on Monday morning when another motorist noticed a rear tire falling off the van he was driving and called police.

Deputies located the van, which traveled 11 miles through Bethany without a rear right tire, deputies said. Bush, who was southbound, allegedly drove into the northbound lane, while driving south, multiple times on Francis and Silver roads, deputies said.

Bush is expected to answer the charges in Bethany Town Court at 7 p.m. Sept. 7.

Hell yeah rochester! My hometown!

All hail the garbage plate!

garbage_plate.jpg

omg that looks so amazing i want one RIGHT NOW. We need to figure out a way to make a Tahou's flavored BEER...

Back