Beverage Factory K199B-2 Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seagondollar

Reaction score
Bought a kegerator from Beverage Factory, K199B-2, and after problems with an odd popping noise that occurs numerous times every hour, Beverage Factory has determined this is "normal" and has informed me that it will cost me $240 to return this faulty unit. Ive owned this unit about 2 weeks. I am frustrated, and disappointing in how they have conducted their business in this situation, and would avoid this company in the future. Surprising to say the least, as others have not complained about their customer service. Just want to share my experience and frustration, and hope others can avoid what ive gone through. At the end of the day I have a very loud kegerator in my house. Avoid the K199B model.

Sounds like something expanding or contracting...........Can ya' hang out by it for a while, and see if you can determine the area the noise is emanating from?
My guess would be, a tight spot on the mounting of the condenser, or the tubing leading to it.
If there is sufficient movement, you should see a "witness mark", where the chafing has occurred on the tubing, or some paint removed.

I'm betting it would be an easy fix, but I know it pisses ya' off 'cause you bought it new!

It's probably the same thing occurring like after you park your car, and you hear the exhaust system contracting and moving as it cools down.

Find it and fix it!........You can do it!

This is a common complaint - and there have been a few posts on the same "popping" issue just this week. I'm guessing someone's gonna have to get their hands dirty to modify the mounting points for the cold plate to solve this...

Cheers!

I have the SS version and yes it pops. Mine always has. I also get an ice build-up on the back interior wall. I'm wondering if the popping is related to ice contracting and expanding either on the wall or behind it. When I open it for any long period of time, it almost sounds like the ice is cracking.

One thing I haven't tried is to seal up the hole in the back for the CO2 hose. I keep my tank inside the fridge and I'm wondering if some moisture is getting past the plug they provide.

Other than the popping, I've had pretty good luck with it. I've found that having 2 kegs in it helps. However, I might try a different brand if I had it to do all over again. Modding a freezer or tall fridge is probably a better route, but my 199SS looks pretty sweet next to my black granite bar in the basement.

This is a common complaint - and there have been a few posts on the same "popping" issue just this week. I'm guessing someone's gonna have to get their hands dirty to modify the mounting points for the cold plate to solve this...

Cheers!

Some of those posts might be mine. I would just tell people to stay away from it all together, and let beverage factory modify it. If they don't sell anymore, then they might fix it. After writing nasty reviews on their facebook page, it seems their gonna allow me to get a different unit. I just couldn't handle them saying this is normal, cause it aint. Tech guys say the 209/309B models dont pop, so thats what ill go with if this all works out. I have wood floors in my house, so I can hear this thing everywhere. This thing is junk.

Back