Parameters settings and definitions 240v RexC100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
Hi, my 1st time going Electric, and I'm starting with 2 Rex C100 pids.
I know there are a lot of threads going around about the Rex C100, but I have not came across any that the pid has a spec for the SUPPLY of " ONLY 220V AC "

My model # is C100FK02-V*AN DA
RANGE = 0-400C K
Output = SSR
NO. X14F86981
My unit is from RKC Instruments mfg, it's not a Berne brand

All the other pids that were. Discuss, the supply rating was
110V -240V. Meaning any voltage between those will work.
When I got mine, I quickly hooked it up to 120V in my office to check it out and familiarize myself of the operation.
Oh, and I got my manual for the operation in Chinese. No help there for me. So I searched online and I now have 5 oh them printed out. None of them match each other. Even the factory pre sets values.
I quickly found out , that this module I have, ONLY operates CORRECTLY, when hooked up to 220V. When I wire it to 120 V, It will light up and boot, but the values it displays are not correct. For instance, I have the TC sitting on my desk, inside my house and it's reading the ambient temperature as 158 Christ, that's like 316 degrees F. I'm sure my house is not on fire and it's most likely about 67 degrees F in the room.
So, I hook it up to the 220 V, and it appears to function properly. My big questions are trying to figure out the definitions and correct values of all of the parameters.

When it Boots, this what I get on the display:

1st. 8888
-----

2nd. B r 5
------
4 - 1

3rd. 999
------
k

Then. PV
----
SV

Here is the list of parameters

***note, I only get 3 decimal places 000, not 4 0000 on the display like all the manuals show?

Set n hold for 3 seconds menu>>>

AL1 050

SoH 101

ArU 000

P 020

I 240

D 060

AR 025

r 10

OH 002

SC 000

Aor 000

Oa 000

Fac 000

Lck 000

Hold both SET and Shift keys for 5 seconds to get to next menu

SL1 000

SL2 000

SL3. 000

SL4. 101
That's all the menus I can access...... for now. HELP. Lol

Some of my parameters that are displayed, I never seen in all that manuals I have downloaded?

If anyone can direct me to a solid manual for this odd controller, and or give me the proper explanations of each values I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Well I guess no one has or is using this model?
Well, after some more research, I did find out if you press SET and the DOWN button, you will get A D J, = ADJUST . I believe it's for calibrating your Input ie, thermocouple . I found you can go UP to +50, and go DOWN to -50, that's all I know about this hidden parameter.
I still can't change my SL1, to use the RTD probe.

I just posted this because it could be one more piece of Someone else's puzzle. Hope it may help you.

I used to use a pt100 RTD with my old rex c100 but it was likely a different counterfeit pid than the counterfeit one your using... The real rex c100 is made in japan by RKC and mine shipped from china even though is was labeled as an RKC and as made in japan.. if your user guide was really in chinese your was very likely a fake..
Theres at least 3 types of fakes that I know of... some dont even allow the use of an ssr.... for $20-25 the mypin ta4 is much better IMHO..(Td4 with manual duty cycle mode is even better for a BK)

Thanks Augie, I think I will just move on from the Rex over complicated, not able to use OR access the "features " of this CHEAP pid, and get MYPINS. I'll just use Rex for a thermometer or such. I want 1 pid for my HLT/Herms and 1 for my BK. Would you recommend (2) TD4'S for both HLT/HERMS and BK, OR (1) TA4 for HLT/HERMS and (1) TD4 for BK.....and why?

Back