Better Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NChomebrewer

Reaction score
Anyone have experience using the Better Bottles as a primary fermenter? I was looking at them in the Northern Brewer catalog. They sound really nice.

Lightweight, odor-free, stain resistant plastic.
They can be fitted with a racking outlet so beer can be transferred with a spigot instead of siphoning.

Is this all too good to be true?

I can attest that they work as advertised ( I have a 6 and 5 gallon) but I did not take the racking outlet option and have heard mixed reviews on this.

Can anyone elaborate?

I love my Better Bottles :D My LHBS doesn't like them and questions the fact that the O2 permeability is negligible. I think it is just because they don't carry them and would like to sell you a nice glass carboy instead.

The only thing I didn't like about my racking spigot was that they were a PITA to put in...but I was shorted the rod used to put them in.
In all I highly recommend them.

I ordered one from AHS, I thought they were glass! I have WINE in it right now, it will have beer, i'll let you know if that "no transfer of taste" thing holds up!

Latest posts

Back