Better Bottle 6 US Gallon Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cider.jpg

Manufacturer - Better Bottle
6 US Gallon Better Bottle
cider.jpg

Lighter than glass, doesn't break and cleans up without any scrubbing. What more could you ask for?
Price Payed: $16.00
Recommended? Yes

Lighter than glass. Nonstandard mouth meant I had to buy new stoppers. It's still just a carboy.
Price Payed: $20.00
Recommended? Yes

I only give the Better Bottle a 9 because I'm not completely satisfied with the fit of a carboy cap, and lack of selection of stoppers like for glass carboys. Great product otherwise.
Price Payed: $26.00
Recommended? Yes

Spectacular product, I've abandoned my glass carboys. They weigh almost nothing, are indestructible and are easy to clean.
Price Payed: $25.00
Recommended? Yes

Only drawback is Cleaning, but it always is. DONT scrub them. OxyClean and Soak.
Price Payed: $27.00
Recommended? Yes

Better Bottle makes a great primary. I use a red (6.5gal Carboy) cap with blowoff tube or three-piece airlock. An hour soak in OxyClean, a good shake, and it's clean.
Recommended? Yes

The only fermentation vessels I use. Easy to clean with oxi-clean. Durable. Love them.
Price Payed: $8.00
Recommended? Yes

Lightweight. Works as a carboy. Just have to be careful as it scratches easily with a carboy brush.
Recommended? Yes

Light, have heard it is alright to leave things in them for aging.
You cannot use carboy brushes however. Though I have found filling with water and oxiclean generally gets whatever needs to be cleaned out of the bottle. If anything stays after that drop a wash cloth in with the oxiclean and shake.
Recommended? Yes

The tap is a bit flimsy, but the bottle is easy to clean and use and is very lightweight.
Price Payed: $45.00
Recommended? Yes

I wish it was either a 6.5 or 7 gallon and had some sort of handle molded into it.
Price Payed: $0.00
Recommended? Yes

Works great, probably should have bought the racking port with it though. You do have to use care in picking it up; unlike a glass carboy it will "squeeze" in and push the liquid in the airlock out of the airlock, then when you set it back down it will suck in any remaining liquid when it equalizes again. Still, less worry (to me) than working with full glass carboys.
Price Payed: $21.00
Recommended? Yes

I do own a BB, but find myself doing primary/secondary in one of three glass carboys. Force of habit, perhaps.
Price Payed: $23.00
Recommended? Yes

Light, easy to carry. Installed blow off airlocks to avoid suck back when lifting. Cleaning can be a little tedious since you can't use a brush.
Price Payed: $24.00
Recommended? Yes

So far its a great product. I'm going to get a 5 gal for a secondary soon as I can convince the wife of just how necwssary it is!
Recommended? Yes

Love it, however have learned not to use a carboy brush because they can scratch.
Recommended? Yes

Lighter than glass! And it is easier to move and easier to clean.
Recommended? Yes

Very light and easy to clean. I own three 5 gallon, and one 3 gallon Better Bottles. No worries about breakage.
Recommended? Yes

Light weight and safe. One time it was a little hard to get completely clean, but in general much, much better than glass. Highly recommended
Price Payed: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

I would kill for a 6.5 gallon version. Otherwise, it's a fantastic product. The spigot is not worth the extra cost.
Recommended? Yes

good product, but a bit pricey at twenty eight dollars...plastic construction is good for my needs...a bit more sturdy than a sparklers bottle
Price Payed: $28.00
Recommended? Yes

Brend New - Haven't Used it yet, but boy oh boy was it fun carrying that thing in from the truck and it weighing next to nothing!
Recommended? Yes

As long as they prove out on the non-porosity that they say is the case, I really like this product. Safer and easier to tote than glass.
Price Payed: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

I have three of these and really like them for their easy handling and safety (I dropped a glass five gal a while back that could have been a problem). I noticed in a post recently that they shouldn't be rocked directly on the bottom edge when aerating.
Recommended? Yes

Bigger neck opening than glass, less fragile, lighter, easy to clean. Leaks some oxygen in so good for souring.
Recommended? Yes

Works well, just use vodka/sanitized water for your airlock, because it will suck in the liquid.
Recommended? Yes

lightweight, easy to clean with PBW, and as good as glass. I will be buying only Better Bottles from now on.
Recommended? Yes

Its a fermentor. It ferments. If you drop it full of beer, you spill a little beer in the time it takes you to grab it and sit it back up, rather than shatter, spill everything, and nick a few arteries.
Recommended? Yes

Easy to clean, light and no issues so far. Bonus of seeing fermentation opposed to not seeing it in the starter bucket I had.
Recommended? Yes

Works fine - nice and light when empty. No worry of breaking but don't get it to hot
Price Payed: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

great product I only wish the airlock( the one your suppose to use) wasn't so much
Recommended? Yes

Very nice for those of us that move around a lot. I don't know about you, but I get paranoid moving around large pieces of glass when I move.
Price Payed: $45.00
Recommended? Yes

the taps can be a bit tricky sometimes, you have to make sure you lock them down really tightly, otherwise you get some drip
Price Payed: $56.00
Recommended? Yes

Glad its not glass! Last glass carboy decided to fall apart while being filled. Still don't have all of the glass out of my foot/leg
Recommended? Yes

I like it but have no point of reference. It is light, I imagine much lighter than glass.I have the ported version with the valve and it's pretty convenient but if I were to do it again I'd pass and buy 2 instead.
Price Payed: $60.00
Recommended? Yes

Light weight, easy to clean, love it.
Only problem is rubber plug for air lock doesn't fit very well at all. I need to use rubber bands to keep it on tight.
Recommended? Yes

I have yet to use... so blah blah blah blah blah. I promise I will write a damn review later. thank you.
Recommended? Yes

Not bad but kinda worried about scratching them when i clean them.
Also not sure of the plastic caps they seem a little loose that seems of for primary but not sure for secondry kinda wish they were a tighter fit.
Recommended? Yes

Back