Best way to use wet hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyD

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have a pound of wet cascade hops and I am trying to decide on how to best utilize them. I have read that 5-7 ounces of wet hops are equivalent to one ounce of dry hop. So that means I basically have 2-3 ounces of dried hops. My thoughts are to use some pellets for bittering. When should I add the wet hops and in what amounts to get the best wet hop characteristics? (ex. how much should I add at 15min, 0min, and to dry hop?)

I would not dry hop with them, as they may be a bit on the moldy side by then... you are on the right track with the bittering hops - the rest is really up to you. Again, you are on the right track with the 15min and flame out additions - split them however you'd like at that point.

They are in the freezer. Not sure why they would be moldy. Anybody else know anything about using wet hops to dry hop?

Latest posts

Back