Best SWMBO in the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfat

Reaction score
Last night I came home from work to find this in the garage with a "Merry (early) Christmas" Sign on it:

IMG_20101123_193859.jpg

:ban::ban:

I've wanted another bike for many years now and could never justify the money. She found this one for sale from a friend.

No way in heck can I beat this gift! I don't know what the heck to get her now...

P.S. Did I mention it's -9*F right now? I won't be riding it for awhile. :(

DETAILS MAN!!! What do you got there? Any upgraded parts? Start talking.

SWMBO is good to you. Should probably get her an xmas gift from the jewelry store. Maybe pearl necklace???:ban:

DETAILS MAN!!! What do you got there? Any upgraded parts? Start talking.

SWMBO is good to you. Should probably get her an xmas gift from the jewelry store. Maybe pearl necklace???:ban:

See, sadly I know very little about motorcycles. I just used to have an couple 80's bikes when I was in college. I know it has upgraded pipes (and it's loud as **** too!). Really this bike is waayyy more bad-a** than I am! :p

Pearl necklace. Heh!

Naw. I've seen that (rode that) before. :)

Huh? Damn.

Well, I for one am from the school of thought that no matter how new or old the ride it helps to start it up often to keep the fluids moving and the batteries charged so it can respond at a moments notice. Especially when it is that cold out.

Huh? Damn.

Well, I for one am from the school of thought that no matter how new or old the ride it helps to start it up often to keep the fluids moving and the batteries charged so it can respond at a moments notice. Especially when it is that cold out.

Touche, sir, touche. My comment was made for my simple sense of humor! :mug:

Come to think of it, though, leaving her alone might be more of a gift to her than the alternative. :cross: Who wants a fat sweaty dude on top of them? Not me.. :D

so, what is that? 1100, 1300 Honda?

I want to say V-Star but the badging on the battery box covers screams Honda. I don't recall Honda doing the tank badge tho. Not that I am a authority but, I also didn't think the V-Star were liquid cooled.

So, whatcha got there?

Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. The engine is as big as the one in my first car!

Did she happen to update your life insurance policy before getting you that murdercycle?

I'm kidding (partially), I'm a former rider myself but was forced off of it by SWMBO because she didn't want to raise the kids alone after I ended up under the wheels of a oblivious motorist.

Congrats on the new ride and having an awesome SWMBO!

Come to think of it, we did just pull out the old policy and check on it....uh-oh.

Showed this thread to the wife and she just put an order in for a t-shirt that reads..."curlyfat got a nice bike for Christmas.. and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.." Merry Christmas to you.

love the bike. it's a kaw. i'd be all over that, and you need to be all over the wife to show appreciation for it. it's probably a $14k present

love the bike. it's a kaw. i'd be all over that, and you need to be all over the wife to show appreciation for it. it's probably a $14k present

To be fair, it's a 2006 bought from a friend of a friend. Nothing to scoff at, though!

What sort of picture "proof" is needed? Me and SWMBO and bike?

congrats curlyfat, thats one hell of a gift! I got an uncle that lives in Gillette whos bike won't be in use till spring, pretty darn cold over there

I thought I was funny to see your brew equip in the garage behind the bike. Now you have somewhere to sit while you freeze your ass off brewing this winter.

great bike /jealous

I thought I was funny to see your brew equip in the garage behind the bike. Now you have somewhere to sit while you freeze your ass off brewing this winter.

I was thinking the same thing. I could sit on the bike fantasizing about warm weather while the beer mashed/boiled. :cross:

Where's all that crazy warm weather we had two weeks ago?

Huh? Damn.

I'd have to disagree. if the machine isn't run long enough to get to full operating temperature, the corrosive compounds from combustion will mix with condensation and do nasty things to the inside of the motor and exhaust. It's much more ideal to keep the bike on a battery tender and only start it if you can ride it a reasonable distance.
Nice gift, you're a lucky guy.

Back