Best place for a cheap keg and co2 system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErickJ

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap co2 system. I already have a 10 lb co2 tank, I just need a keg and a regulator with the hose attachment and the nozzle.

My local brew shop wants 60 for a regulator and 80 for a used 5 gallon keg. The nozzle and hoses to attach are each more.

Edited. I'm looking for at least a 5 gallon keg.

+1, I've ordered 3 of their kegs. They are in rough shape, but you can't beat the price. The come pressurized so they are guaranteed to work, but you'll have to clean them thoroughly when they arrive since they still have soda syrup residue in them.

The one linked is actually the new India (i think??) manufactured kegs. I have a bunch of these. The first batch was before the ISO and stamp.... they are great kegs, much easier to work with than the few old converted pin lock kegs I have.

I figured you were!!

I got a couple of those too before the the new ones became available for cheap. $32 price difference between used and new, down to $23 difference if you replace the probably worn out poppets. I know this is a budget thread but I like the new ones enough that they are work the $30 price differential to me!

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-standard-homebrew/
This is where I bought my co2 system from. I upgraded to the dual tap rite regulator and got the 5lb tank too. All said and done I think I spent like $150.
Also I just ordered some more kegs from AHS today. Pretty damn good price for 4 kegs. I couldn't pass it up.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/Set-of-Four-5-Gallon-Ball-Lock-Kegs-USED.html
+1 I've bought a bunch of gear from Birdman Brewing. Very happy with them.

Got some from the cornykeg website too.... for some reason I really prefer the kegs with the plastic handles. Think it's because they are easier to shove into place.

Thanks everyone. I have a set up now. Just need to fill the kegs with something.

Quick shipping as well. I ordered last Monday night and it's being delivered tomorrow. Still need some more pieces for the keezer and keg connection is always either the cheapest or really close.

I'm looking for a cheap co2 system. I already have a 10 lb co2 tank, I just need a keg and a regulator with the hose attachment and the nozzle.

My local brew shop wants 60 for a regulator and 80 for a used 5 gallon keg. The nozzle and hoses to attach are each more.

Edited. I'm looking for at least a 5 gallon keg.

Try here..Kegs 50% off with purchase of the kit! :) That is kegs for like $40 each! And they ship quickly!

EDIT: So, you have your system..Good for you! :) Keg on! :D

Latest posts

Back