Best Online Shops for Malt, Hops, Etc??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most online retailers are pretty decent.

A lot of people have had great success with Brewmaster's Warehouse (myself included), and they are having a 10% sale right now.

I just made an order with morebeer.com last weekend. Haven't got the stuff in yet but so far their prices are good and customer services has been quick to respond.

I buy from MidwestSupplies.com and have had pretty good experience there. Northern Brewer has a flat rate shipping $9.95. I will try them out too. My Local Home Brew Supplies are a little more, but I like to support the local guy, if the price is reasonable.

No one has replied with "Austin Homebrew Supply is soooo dreamy, they are the best shop ever" yet?

Like someone said, most of the online shops are good:
Austin Homebrew Supply
Midwest Supplies
Morebeer.com
Northern Brewer

I haven't heard much negative about any of these shops. Most people seem to have had very good experiences with all of these shops. Personally, I like morebeer.com.

Austin Homebrew is having a state by state 10% off sale right now.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/

Dont buy hops at a HBS... really.

Buy hops from HopsDirect or Freshops or Nikobrew.

You will pay half as much at these places as you will anywhere else. Homebrew stores just can't compete with hop suppliers.

You will typically pay $2 or less an ounce at these places... at a HBS, online or otherwise you will pay near $4 an ounce, that can really add up.

You will pay half as much at these places as you will anywhere else. Homebrew stores just can't compete with hop suppliers.

You will typically pay $2 or less an ounce at these places... at a HBS, online or otherwise you will pay near $4 an ounce, that can really add up.
Rodger that. Cheers

I definitely agree with the hop buying recommendations. I've had nothing but positive experiences with all three. I definitely appreciate Nikobrew.com's $5 flat shipping also. It saves a little money over the other two options.

At the begining of April we will be having a hop sale. We over ordered some of the hops. We have 4 tons of hops available to us at this point. That is about a half ton too much. We will have major discounts on some of the hops but all of the hops will be on sale. All of the hops are extremely fresh, most of them are still in cold storage at the supplier's warehouse.

Forrest

People have mentioned MidwestSupplies and NorthernBrewer. These are the two shops in my area here in Minnesota, and they are both sweet. Midwest is HUGE, and they will treat you right. NorthernBrewer has a really good online business, and as mentioned, they have a flat shipping rate (and they grow their own stuff)

At the begining of April we will be having a hop sale. We over ordered some of the hops. We have 4 tons of hops available to us at this point. That is about a half ton too much. We will have major discounts on some of the hops but all of the hops will be on sale. All of the hops are extremely fresh, most of them are still in cold storage at the supplier's warehouse.

Forrest

Sweet Forrest... hey, can you get me a deal on some Riwaka? I am hearing great things about those hops! They are hard to find.

Also, the only hops I have found at my LHBS are from 2007, plus they ask you to walk in the store backward with your a$$ sticking out and charge you $4.50/oz.

P.S. I don't buy hops from my local store :cross:

I want a pound... I cant find them but two places. The others I have never heard of, so Id rather not go there.

The best I can do is $39.99 for a pound. It is a more rare expensive hop. It costs aboout 50% more than regular hops.

Forrest

The best I can do is $39.99 for a pound. It is a more rare expensive hop. It costs aboout 50% more than regular hops.

Forrest

That aint horrible, compared to 3.5-4 bucks/oz! Is that the sale price, during the hop sale? I am delving into some Aussie brewing so it would be nice to have some ;)

I will be cutting deep on some hops and not so much on others. Depends on what I paid and how much I have. I haven't determined prices yet.

Forrest

Ed, you have Riwaka??? I swear I couldnt find them a few days ago...

I have had them since we opened, but no worries. I have them listed as NZ Riwaka, which may make it harder to find. I think it might be a good idea to put the country at the end instead of the beginning. Even I sometimes have to look around to find hops.

I have had them since we opened, but no worries. I have them listed as NZ Riwaka, which may make it harder to find. I think it might be a good idea to put the country at the end instead of the beginning. Even I sometimes have to look around to find hops.

Yup that is it... I searched Riwaka

Back