Best Movie Ever Made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fu*king khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." ~Fight Club

has anyone given footloose its props? i mean, other than the movie hot rod. and seven degrees to kevin bacon, i guess...
jesus hates dancing is such an awesome concept!

No Pulp Fiction, eh?

Figured someone would have it by now... Come to think of it, I don't think there's been any Tarantino yet.

I knew there had to be a Pulp Fiction in here.

Edit.

Oh, and what about Natural Born Killers? I haven't seen that one.

Inglourious Basterds - just watched it again for like the 4th time at least.

Natural Born Killers is good, but bizarre. Juliette Lewis consistently freaks me out.

She's like a 1st cousin you were attracted to that you knew was wrong. Then later finding out she was adopted but it's hard to get that feeling out of your system.

PS - I had a cousin exactly as described! :fro:

This

images.jpeg

Thought I'd pick one from each genre......
Pulp Fiction
Trainspotting
Cashback
Kill Bill
Kung Fu Panda
Heartbreak Kid

A Clockwork Orange
Departed

I literally went through every page of this thread to see if anyone selected A Clockwork Orange, as this is my fav movie as well.

You're literally the last post...Ironic.

Honorable mention:
Donny Darko
Goodfellas
Fear and Loathing
O'Brother Where Art Thou
Uncle Buck
Office Space
Unforgiven
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

My first date with an ex girlfriend we saw a Clockwork Orange. One of my top ten worst ideas...

Hahaha....not exactly a rom-com, is it?

I took a girl to see Seven on a first date. That was a good one. Ended up marrying that girl.

We had this theater back in our hometown that would play all kinds of crazy ****, and they'd let you bring beer in. Like, ice chests of beer. They really didn't care. We got piss drunk and saw Doom Generation, Monty Python's Meaning of Life, Clockwork Orange, Enter the Dragon, and lots more together. She's a keeper.

My first date with an ex girlfriend we saw a Clockwork Orange. One of my top ten worst ideas...

Could've been worse. I took a first date to go see Sunset starring Bruce Willis and James Garner back in the 80's and it was disastrous.

I took a girl to see Seven on a first date. That was a good one. Ended up marrying that girl.

My Wife still blames me for being mentally scarred for life from that movie. I liked it. :)

If we're truly talking the best movie ever made (and not favorite movie) I think the hands down, can't argue, just freakin' is answer would be:

Casablanca

I think that Casablanca is about as close to a perfect movie as we've ever been able to make. It's funny, it's exotic, it has iconic characters, the story has political, philosophical, psychological and emotional weight.

It's about love. It's about war. It's about friendship. It's about loss. It's about right. It's about wrong. It has Nazis AND it's set in a bar for pete's sake!

Watch it again, see if you don't agree that there is not an extraneous scene or word in the whole movie.

Perfection.

If we're truly talking the best movie ever made (and not favorite movie) I think the hands down, can't argue, just freakin' is answer would be:

Casablanca

I think that Casablanca is about as close to a perfect movie as we've ever been able to make. It's funny, it's exotic, it has iconic characters, the story has political, philosophical, psychological and emotional weight.

It's about love. It's about war. It's about friendship. It's about loss. It's about right. It's about wrong. It has Nazis AND it's set in a bar for pete's sake!

Watch it again, see if you don't agree that there is not an extraneous scene or word in the whole movie.

Perfection.

Yes, I love this one. I have the Bluray version. You could say the same about other Bogart movies like African Queen and Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

SWMBO says Gone With the Wind

I say Raiders of the Lost Ark
Saving Private Ryan
Return of the Jedi
Willow
Goonies

Yea I said it...

The Goonies

Avatar was okay except when i watch it I always think its a cross between fern gully and dances with wolves. That and unobtanium...seriously? Wasnt unobtanium first used in the core? I digress.

Shawshank in drama category.
The rock for an action flick

Only saw this once in this thread, but In Bruges is a kick ass movie. I think it ties for first with the Departed.

Also really really like Sunshine by Danny Boyle...or anything else by Danny Boyle for that matter. One of the most underrated and unheard of movies IMO.

Back