Best Movie Ever Made

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't pinpoint anything for number one.
Here are some possibles

Shawshank Redemption
Goodfellas
Empire Strikes Back (have to, sorry)
Dirty Dozen

Why you apologizing for the best Star Wars film? It's a great film, grow a pair and stand by it.

Some of my favorites, the ones I can watch repeatedly:
The Princess Bride
Pale Rider
Hero
Dumb and Dumber
Office Space
What About Bob
The Three Amigos
Everything from the Coen brothers

Why you apologizing for the best Star Wars film? It's a great film, grow a pair and stand by it.

I spend an hour explaining to SWMBO how Star Wars was the best movie of all time in terms of cinematography. I still can't believe it was made in the 70's!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - that showdown has to be one of the best scenes ever put on film
Dr Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Although I will sit and watch Big Lebowski, Office Space, Fifth Element, Big Trouble in Little China, and others all the way through every time I wander across them on cable.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
All of the Starwars Yes I like all of them!
Princess Bride
Anything that does NOT have Will Ferrell

No mentions yet for Cool Hand Luke and Easy Rider.

Oh, and Grandma's Boy!

Here are my favorites in no particular order:

Goonies
Top Gun
Karate Kid
Out Cold
Major Payne
Roadhouse (hell ya!)
Tommy Boy
Billy Madison
Rudy

I thought of two that created another level of copycat movies.
Rambo

Fight Club

Actually 3

The GodFather

Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Shane
Silverado
Ruthless People
Sleuth
Silence of the Lambs

And I'm not trying to promote controversy or anything, but the inclusion of Raiders of the Lost Ark is in spite of the fact that in my opinion, Spielberg has destroyed American cinema.

Spielberg has destroyed American cinema.

th_ALBundyGTFO.gif

LOL :mug:
Ok, Speilberg has made some great films. But I think he's led the way of making films with no real plot (Duel, Jaws), no meaningful point (Twister), and just plain bad (Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, War Horse).

Jaws is a great film. Duel was his first film and it still has tension. He produced Twister, he did not direct. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls is an abortion. It is number one on my list of worst movies I have ever seen. Him and Lucas basically decided to drop trow and anally penetrate my childhood with that travesty. That said Spielberg should not be held responsible for crap like Michael Bay. He has made brilliant films and it isn't his fault Americans throw money away on going to see things like Battleship. While he has made some bad films he has also made Raiders, ET, Sugarland's Express, Schindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Close Encounters, Munich, Empire of the Sun, so many great ones. Think of it as a brewery you may not like all their beers but it doesn't mean they aren't a great brewery. Okay, rant over.
:mug:

No Pulp Fiction, eh?

Figured someone would have it by now... Come to think of it, I don't think there's been any Tarantino yet.

Dark crystal
Fear and loathing
Clerks
Goodfellas
Pans labyrinth
Matrix
Idle hands
Casablanca

Done.......

No Pulp Fiction, eh?

Figured someone would have it by now... Come to think of it, I don't think there's been any Tarantino yet.

Very good movie, but figured I better hold off. I already suggested about 10 BEST movies. ;)

No Pulp Fiction, eh?

"I shot Marvin in the face!" LOL

my list of best movies:
Godfather
Office Space
Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison
Tommy Boy
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Anchorman
Step Brothers
Dawn of the Dead*original
Day of the Dead*original

I LOVE the classic zombie movies with the old Gore rating :rockin:

It's kind of interesting that I've seen 99% of these movies and enjoyed them all. it's hard to pick just one. I went with the original Star Wars because it became so ingrained in our culture that the prequels angered so many people, yet made millions of millions of bucks. So many fanboys (a term I think was coined for these movies) have such a personal attachment to this series, I don't think too many if any, can claim such a following.

I remember as a teenager being blown away in the movie house. Later it was important to let my kids experience the originals. While maybe not the best, maybe not the best actors but I can't think of a movie (or a series of movies) that touched so many.

Now the hard part because it was/is so popular is to admit you have a little fanboy in you too.

Back