Best cider recipes !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonianBrewer

Reaction score
It's almost fall! so let's have at everyone's best "Tried & True" cider recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I use Costco apple juice and Nottingham. It works out great. It has a slight tartness that hits the back of the tongue and then finishes with a nice full apple flavor. No added sugar and seems to work out to mid 4% abv.

Store brand apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and orange peel (no pith).

Seek out a local orchard, many will press apples into juice. If it is a proper orchard, they will know what apple or apples are in the specific juice. If you are not familiar with the apple variety, taste the actual apple. I prefer to use brown sugar to bring the fresh pressed juice up to a gravity that Im targeting (usually around 1.050 to 1.055). I have always gotten the best ciders from using ale yeast, specifically US-05 and Nottingham. Be sure to use yeast nutrient, apples are devoid of the little stuff that yeast require to conduct a healthy fermentation. Dont forget to aerate as well.

Back