Best beer ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbowman

Reaction score
I have had a great month, where lots of things have fallen into place for me. After three years of brewing, I now have temp. controlled fermentation and a four tap kegerator. Seriously, I just drank the best beer that I have ever made. If you are a new brewer, don't look at pots, or worry about fermentation vessels or any of the things that are hotly debated on this forum daily. No, figure out a way to control fermentation temperature and worry about everything else later. :tank:

Way to go.

Temp control is sooooooo important to making good beer.

The other major ing is to pitch the correct amount of healthy yeast.

Do those and you will make good beer.

Couldn't agree more. Once you can control the temperature you will have less off flavors and a much cleaner brew.

Way to go.

Temp control is sooooooo important to making good beer.

The other major ing is to pitch the correct amount of healthy yeast.

Do those and you will make good beer.

could you elaborate on correct amount of yeast? I do 5 gallon batches and only put in one vial or packet of yeast..

You can use the yeast pitch calculators at Mr. Malty or Brewers friend to ensure you are pitching the correct amount of yeast.

texcan2000 said:
You can use the yeast pitch calculators at Mr. Malty or Brewers friend to ensure you are pitching the correct amount of yeast.
+1!

Those are great sites! Yeast starters are not only for high gravity beer. Making a starter for low to medium OG beers helps give them a great start. Temp control and proper pitching rate seem to what makes a good beer, great.

Back