Best All Grain day EVER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
So I think im addicted to brewing. Yesterday we brought out the 50 inch and the 22 inch and watched football while smoking brisket and brewing beer? Is there anything better than that? I brewed a chocolate Oatmeal Stout with a hint of coca (for christmas presents). The only problem I had is i forgot to get hop bags and my system isnt set up to have hops floating around. It clogged up my pump and i coudnt get the last 2 gallons out of the brew kettle. ALso as a side not my water boiling is taking FOREVER. Like 3 hours! Is there any way to speed this up? (other than get a bigger burner)

Bestbrewdayever.jpg

hard to tell from this picture, but your burners look legit. Are you sure you are rolling hard enough? should be almost solid blue flames and have a little sound behind it (like you are pushing some propane)

Other than that, congrats on the day!

Living the dream, man! The only thing that could improve that is a cigar and a big Labrador.

Well, I suppose there are things that might top even that, but you know what I mean. Cheers!

Im sorry im not sure what rolling means but here is a picture of the burners:

Tulsa-20111120-00141.jpg

I'm no expert, but those look like the burners off my little turkey fryer, even with that cranked, its about an hour for 7 gallons, and it looks like your using keggles so id assume 10-12 gallons. Although I am no expert, I just play one on the internet.

Thats what I thought. Thats what I get for listening to marcus with Brewers Equipment!!!!

Hi, do you have a High Pressure regulator? I've used those burners from Marcus and they throw a ton of heat. I switched to banjo burners just because I like to be extreme and over the top.

Sounds like a great day you had. Brewing and smoking some meat. Mmm mm. Our caveman ancestors would be jealous. Heck, I'm jealous now.

I use the same burners with high presure, 20 to 25 psi and will boil 10 gal. in 20 min or so. They are rated at 175,000 BTU...I have mine choked back quite a bit

Good to know! I will try a new regulator. Mine is only 10 PSI

I have an adjustable 0 to 30 psi regulator, works great, my gas manifold has ball valves to split to MLT and BK but I use tge regulator to control gas fliw

Maybe try turning the O2 down. There should be a vent on the posterior side of the burner. Try closing it a bit until you get close to no red flames.

I use the same burners with high presure, 20 to 25 psi and will boil 10 gal. in 20 min or so. They are rated at 175,000 BTU...I have mine choked back quite a bit

Whoa, that is some serious heat. I thought my Blichmann was doing good at 12 gallons in 40 minutes. Does anyone else hear Tim Allen in the background grunting "More Power!" LOL

I have those burners on my Brutus 10 type stand, and they do throw some serious heat. I don't know if I could do 10 gals in 20 minutes from room temp, but definitely within 30-40. I run a 40 PSI regulator (not open all the way, though) and control the flame with needle valves on my stand.

got mine from kegcowboy, there are probably cheaper ways I suppose but for $50 bucks and the difference it made I call it worth it. Seriously, made a huge difference in my whole brewing experience...

Agrisupply.com for the burners (7.99) and got my reg. ar sportsman warehouse

I have a Expedition 3X that we use camping and I tried it for a double AG brewday on Saturday instead of my turkey fryer and it was great. Took a little longer to heat strike water and boil, but more than made up for it in the ability to heat more than one pot at once.

31bxgcDxxHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have those same burners as well with a 20 PSI regulator, I can maintain a nice 12 gallon boil with the valve throttled way down.

. . . forgot to get hop bags . . . clogged up my pump . . . coudnt get the last 2 gallons out of the brew kettle . . . water boiling is taking FOREVER. Like 3 hours!

And this is your best all grain day ever? Don't even want to know what your worst day was like. :mug:

I have the same burners, and they came with 10psi regs. getting 14 gallons of worrt to start boiling is a freakin challenge.

Back