Bells Brewery home brew competition, questions and concerns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyTbar

Reaction score
So bells has a home brew comp where they supply you with 5 gallons of Michigan two row wort with an OG of 1.052 unhopped. So you can then do what you wish.

My question is can I then use this wort to mash to obtain a higher gravity + use some specialties, I don't see why not really, just never used any thing but water to mash with haha.

Also the time frame in which the comp is held is very short you have one month from obtaining the wort to have it fermented and bottle conditioned seems short considering I usually ferment for at least two and condition for at least a month.

I have some great ideas for what I would do but the time really limits it but I suppose that's the point of it. Do the best with what you got.

Btw this comp is held in the fall but it's been on my mind as I couldn't get to bells that day last year to enter.

So what are your thoughts on the comp and what how would you go about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back