Belgian wlp400 yeast thought? I like it a lot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_4iT

Reaction score
Anyone use this yeast strain with other beers besides a wit bier? I used it for a dunkelweizen and think it came out incredible! :rockin:

I'm really impressed by this yeast, one thing I seem to notice is that this yeast likes to really stay in suspension. I don't cold crash due to space but the last few times I've been letting the fermentor sit in cold ice water for atleast a half an hour befor siphoning. However still first glass always has a bunch of yeast, it really imparts some flavor which I like however a lot of it can be a little gagging.

Any attributes people notice with this strain or other things?

My favorite flavor is brought through when fermented at 68. It brings out an awesome bubblegum flavor which everyone loves and complements lighter styles around 4.7%ish really well. I have fermented around 72 and found that the flavor is not as pronounced or interesting there... but I've only done two batches with it. One of my favorite yeasts... very distinct. I plan to continue experimenting with it.
Go gonzo!

"The real power in America is held by a fast-emerging new Oligarchy of pimps and preachers who see no need for Democracy or fairness or even trees, except maybe the ones in their own yards, and they don't mind admitting it."

Latest posts

Back