belgian wit ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
I brewed the belgian wit from midwest about three weeks ago and added about a half gallon of water too much. Gravity readings were right on with recipe (og 1.042 fg 1.010) but it tastes watered down, can i add some sweet or bitter orange peel directly to the keg in a hop bag for added flavor? Any ideas on how to make this a little more appealing?

Drink alot of them to get your beergoggles on.Really though i made light beer mistakes and they turned out really good and had no regrets.1.042 is not a bad wheat beer gravity at all besides if you took a gravity reading topping off water it may be wrong anyway.If it isnt thats a good og. There are alot of bitters in the .03 gravity range. Wheat beers generally a lighter ales anyway. I made session ales with this gravity and they are good.

I brewed a belgian pumpkin and was surprised at the finished gravity, but i kind of intended on it but not really 1.018 though but oh well i did use lactose and mashed high, i thought it would have attenuated a little more.I knew what i was getting into with the yeast. I just bottled a hefe or wit or something and it finished at 1.01 cant wait to see how that turns out.

i used the white labs wit yeast,,,, had decent flavor just tasted watered down, i kegged last night and will force carb after i brew tonight. it is for the gf so i didnt want ocerpowering flavor but it seams like its lacking to me

Back