Belgian Pale Ale with Lemon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustem55

Reaction score
Just started fermenting a Belgian Pale Ale and added dried lemon peel to the wort while boiling. Its in the fermenting faze now and just wondering if this was ok or should I have waited until fermentation was completed to add the lemon peel. I thank you all in advance for your anticipated responses.:mug:

Just started fermenting a Belgian Pale Ale and added dried lemon peel to the wort while boiling. Its in the fermenting faze now and just wondering if this was ok or should I have waited until fermentation was completed to add the lemon peel. I thank you all in advance for your anticipated responses.:mug:

I just made a wheat beer using lemon peel and black peppercorn (both added during the boiling). I'm sure you'll have a ton of informative responses, but from what I gather, most Belgian recipes that include orange peel have it added to the wort so I'd assume what we both did should work out well. Let me know how it turns out!

bustem55 said:

Nothing wrong with what you did at all but the results you science will be dependent upon when the peel was added during the boil. For the greatest effect fir aroma and flavor flame out is ideal IMO, it can also be added in the secondary once fermentation has completed for a different profile as well.

I just made a wheat beer using lemon peel and black peppercorn (both added during the boiling). I'm sure you'll have a ton of informative responses, but from what I gather, most Belgian recipes that include orange peel have it added to the wort so I'd assume what we both did should work out well. Let me know how it turns out!

I most definately will. Good luck with yours as well.:tank:

:D:D:D
Nothing wrong with what you did at all but the results you science will be dependent upon when the peel was added during the boil. For the greatest effect fir aroma and flavor flame out is ideal IMO, it can also be added in the secondary once fermentation has completed for a different profile as well.

Added the lemon during the second application of hopps. so boiled for 20 minutes or so. Thanks for the response.

Latest posts

Back