Beginner Extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danarchy

Reaction score
So I'm the kind who like to put the cart before the horse....I've done two Brewhouse kits that are still just fermenting in the bottles and I've got the bug. Just wondering if anyone has a good starter extract kit / recipe to play with? I've seen some kits in the states that sound great, but haven't seen anything for the Calgary, Alberta area. Any help would be great....BTW, I like IPA's, or Brown Ales, etc.....trying to avoid stouts though. Hope someone can offer a suggestion.

Bottled: Brewhouse IPA
Secondary: Brewhouse Wheat (hef) with Fruit

Have you seen the recipe database on this site? You can get there from the main page. There are tons of recipes, listed by style, and you can sort them too to find the extract recipes.

You may look at hopville.com and work with their free beer calculator. I really like it, and use it to build my recipes with the little bit I understand about styles and then bring my ideas for scrutiny here.
They also have recipes.

Back