Beersmith shutting down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidkid267

Reaction score
I bought Beersmith about three weeks ago and love it. Brewed two batches of my own creation with the help of the software. My one problem is that occasionally the program stops working and shuts itself down. Have any other users had this problem and if so what if anything is the fix.

Thanks, B.

sounds like a software bug to me. if that's the case there is nothing you can do on your end. report it to the maker and tell him exactly what steps you took to cause the problem. be sure to mention software version and OS version.

What OS are you using? Ive been using it on XP pro for 4 years with no crashes. Have you downloaded all recent updates?

Hueys or Cobras? Why both of course!

I am using vista and am pretty computer dense. By upgrades do you mean for XP or Beersmith?

I recently did an "upgrade" to mine, and it screwed everything up. Lost all the .bsm files. Suddenly I had no ingredients nor recipes..

The better way is to download the new version, then run it like a new install. I've had the built in updater fail on me everytime I've used it.

Back