Beersmith Erratic Calcs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scribo

Reaction score
Any problems with Beersmith calculating erratically?

I was working with the trial download and got pretty excited when I plugged in data retrospectively and it was spot-on. Then I tried another recipe and it would not give me a decent OG . . . It insisted on something like 1.015 for 14 lbs of grain & did not compare well to other calculators, or even the first recipe. I re-entered the recipe, same thing, it was quite odd.

I am using Windows 7 on 64x.

I was primed (pumped?) to get this software but what the heck.

Are you sure you set the recipie to all grain. Didn't realize it until I made the mistake earlier this week using BeerSmith 1.4. If you have the recipie set to Extract, it won't give you point for grain, and puts an Exclamation next to them in the ingredient list.

JeepDiver, That is exactly it. I had Extract set instead of all grain. I knew it was some n00b mistake. Thank you very much.

JeepDiver, That is exactly it. I had Extract set instead of all grain. I knew it was some n00b mistake. Thank you very much.

No Problem. Like I said, I made the same mistake last week and was scratching my head for 20 mins before figuring it out.

Back