BeerSmith 2.3.7 does not work on Big Sur :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacster

Reaction score
I'm brewing tomorrow and I was trying to input the AHS recipe into BeerSmith and it kept crashing. I just had the feeling it was Big Sur because it worked just fine the last time I brewed. The BeerSmith 2 page has it right at the top that it doesn't work and I need to upgrade. I'm not sure I will though as I still have a Mac with an older OS and I'll put it on there. I don't use it enough to make it worthwhile. I can still look at my existing recipes but the calculator/builder doesn't work. Oh well, progress...

I upgraded to the latest version and I think that gives me access to the web version too. I put in a new recipe and it worked fine on the Mac version.

While I'm sure there are new features I mostly use it in a basic fashion. Recipe, timer, shopping list. I'll put in the basic hydrometer readings as I get them. I don't use it to create new recipes or make fine tuning adjustments. I created an equipment profile that may or may not even be correct, but that's what I always use and I get good beer.

Back