Beer won't carbonate in corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainFill

Reaction score
I just finished a batch of a red ale which was my first home brew. It finished fermenting which I then transferred it into a corney keg with a full co2 tank.

I ran it at 30psi to set the seals then reduced it to 15psi while continually shaking and listening. After 5-6 runs of this over the day, no more co2 was being released. I waited 12 hours after that point and it continues to be flat with minimal carbonation. What is wrong with it? Am I just impatient?

Thanks!

Try setting it to 25psi, setting the keg on the floor, and rolling it back and forth for 5 minutes. Then try a pour. If there is no carbonation, either the valve in the ball lock is blocked, the disconnect isn't properly secured, there is a gas leak, or the gas isn't turned on.

Kegs cold, found the problem, but dont know how to fix it.

The top opening of the corny has a leak along the seal. Should I crank the pressure to seat it?

Thanks!

Got the seal fixed and I know the problem... I hate to admit it but I was reading the regulator wrong....

Back