beer-wine.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently made my first purchase from beer-wine.com aka Beer and Wine Hobby in Woburn, MA.

Quick summary: Not a good first impression.

Ordered a Brewer's Best cider kit. I made the same cider kit a few months ago from another supplier and enjoyed it so I thought I'd make it again.

Well... the Brewer's Best cider kit had a best used by date of 11/2017. I received the kit 6 months after the best used by date! Made the kit and noticed the liquid was much darker than other cider kits (the same type of cider) from Brewer's Best or Mangrove Jack's Craft Series. The dark color is probably due to the old age. Hopefully, it will turn out OK.

Another problem with beer-wine.com I ordered 8 of something and only received 2. The invoice indicated 8 were shipped. I call beer-wine.com. Their customer service needs improving. Woman I speak with on the phone didn't make a good impression with many "Umm... wait a minute, hold on... umm..." puts me on hold for so long I thought she'd never return only to get more "Umm... wait a minute... hold on... umm..." when she finally returns to the phone.

I provide my order number, she doesn't understand. I try again. I'm told there is no order with that number. Finally she realizes she omitted a digit in the order number. Oh, boy...

She then doesn't even give me a chance to explain why I am calling and immediately begins telling me what I've ordered and says "It's been shipped! It's been shipped! You should have it soon!". Geez... I received my order and that's why I'm calling.

I doubt I will purchase from beer-wine.com again.

Back