Beer Tower Cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that posted earlier.. I guess it depends on what you are trying to cool.. In my older 2-tap sanyo converted kegerator, I went with two copper tubes that extended down into the fridge and expanding foam around them. That worked, but this would definitely work for it as well - perhaps better by keeping the air circulating inside.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm considering it. I wonder if it would work any better if you combined this with the copper tubing idea. One could attach the hose to your copper tubing allowing cold air to blow up through one and down the other.

True, but I like the idea of attaching tubing to it. I'd much rather DIY than buy something. So I'll have to figure out how to make one of these myself. Maybe a small computer fan with a funnel attached?

I built a fan just like this, with a tube into the tower. I used it for about a week and then i realized that the constant whirring of the fan was more annoying than a little extra foam on the first pour.

If you're trying to cool a tower off of a kegerator, I would suggest going with something more passive - like the copper tubing in spray-foam. If you're trying to air cool lines for a longer haul than that, I would get a bigger fan than what they have, and try to enclose in PVC where you can to minimize the conductivity of the tubing/tower.

just my .02...

Back