Beer Tool Pro mash temps always 10deg too low

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernst-Haeckel

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? This has been a consistent problem for at least 10 batches. The strike temp is usually pretty accurate for getting to protein rest temps. But when I infuse to get up to beta sacch temps, say 148, I always end up at ~142. Then I have to infuse another 0.5 to 1 gallon of boiling water to get up to 148. Same thing happens when I go from beta to alpha, except by that point the mash thickness is so diluted that I usually just decoct instead of continually adding more water.

I don't see a calibration for this in Beer Tools. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!
:mug:

10 times? And you didn't simply make the adjustment? I suggest that you do next time.

Yeah, I preheat very well. Strike temp is usually not a problem, just going from protein to beta sacch, then to alpha.

BendBrewer: Of course, I can always make the correction myself and just raise the liquor 10 deg. higher than beertools calculates, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the software, right? I can guess within 10 deg. on my own.

Latest posts

Back