Beer too dry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickles

Reaction score
Here's my dumb question for the day. I recently brewed a blueberry ale. Its an AG and my mash went well I hit my target OG on the money, after 2 weeks in primary I hit my target of 1.012. Nice right? Well then I add 3 lbs of blueberries to the secondary, duh, of course its gonna start up again; I just added more fermentables. Unfortunately I didn't take that into account. It has a great flavor,however, it finishes too dry. <insert dumb question> Is there a way to remedy this? BTW I kegged it.

I've never used either how would I go about adding this to a 5 gal batch?

Dissolve 4 ounces of lactose in a cup of water and add it to the keg. This will sweeten it a bit. If that isn't enough, repeat.

how about 4 oz of malto dextrin instead, I'm lactose intolerent. Does it have to be boiled or can I just pull off some of the beer and stir it in that and add it back? I don't want to dilute it if I don't have to. Maybe it doesn't matter that much

You wanna boil whatever you decide on ( MD is fine) to make sure what you are adding to your beer is sanitized(that's why you boil your priming sugar as well.) You can Pasturize it if you want (hold it at 170 for 15 minutes) but since you are going to be on your stove, you might as well just boil it...

I would use water instead of wort...if you boil that you might add an off flavor...

Back