Beer Spa Experience in the Czech Republic!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bald Head Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A few days ago I had the privilege of visiting a Beer Spa in Chodova Plana, Czech Republic. The experience inlcuded a massage followed by a 20 minute dip into a warm beer bath for two....my fiancee came along. They also had a grain wrap, but we didn't experience that. They even served me 2 chilled pints while I bathed!

Apparently, Chodovar is one of three beer spas throughout Europe. Below is a link to their website. It's off the beaten path, but if you find yourself in Prague or Plzen, it's worth checking out. Along with the Beer Spa, they've got a brewery you can tour, a restaurant located in an underground laagering tunnel, and a hotel...all connected.

:: Beer Wellness Land :: [Chodské pivo a patentnÃ* láhev - z Rodinného pivovaru CHODOVAR]

Anyone know of any place like this in the U.S.???

I saw that place on TV recently. I think it was the beer episode of "How Stuff Works." If you see it on the Discovery channel, I recommend it. I remember like one quick mention of BMC, and the rest of the show featured guys from places like Dogfish head and Pilsner Urquell.

I saw that place on TV recently. I think it was the beer episode of "How Stuff Works." If you see it on the Discovery channel, I recommend it. I remember like one quick mention of BMC, and the rest of the show featured guys from places like Dogfish head and Pilsner Urquell.

Yah, this was a great show, and the beer bath looked awesome as well. Not sure if I would part with the $$ depending on how much it costs compared to how many pubs I could visit with the cash, but for a one time thing you can't go wrong. This same show said that per capita the czechs consume more beer than any country. This coupled with the Urquell brewer, you could tell that THIS GUY loves his beer, much like us here on HBT!

Not sure if I would part with the $$ depending on how much it costs compared to how many pubs I could visit with the cash, but for a one time thing you can't go wrong.

Per the link in the OP, the beer bath is 600CZK, which my currency converter says is about $31. Not a bad price at all for the experience of bathing in beer. I figure some foofty foo spa here in the states would charge at least 10 times that.

As far as cost is concerned, the Czech Republic is a very affordable country to visit if you can get there. Even though they're a part of the EU, they're currency is still the Czech Crown--not the Euro. It hasn't officially changed over yet.

If you make a trip to Prague or Plzen (Home of Pilsner Urquell) then you should make the side trip to this spa.
Be warned though...it is off the beaten path, so you should really stay a night at their hotel if you journey out to their location.

FYI, I averaged about $1 for a beer throughout the Czech Republic...paying as little in some locations as 50 cents!

Czechs are very proud of their beer, claiming it's the best in the world....the issue is that you can only find 'lagers' there. You'd be hard-pressed to find many ales. Despite that, their Pilsners are tasty!

Czechs are very proud of their beer, claiming it's the best in the world....the issue is that you can only find 'lagers' there. You'd be hard-pressed to find many ales.

Yes, the Czech Republic is rightfully called "lagerland." Ales are hard to find, but if you are in Prague there are a number of excellent ales to be found. A few hole in the wall bars around the University have their own stout and porter that they brew on premises, which are all very good considering they are brewed with Saaz hops.

The recently opened Pivovar Kocour has a bunch of ales, including a stout, IPA, saison, and a pale ale (the stout is amazing). A more accessible Czech ale is Pivovar Primator's pale ale that can be found at some of the larger supermarkets. I didn't find any ales outside of Prague.

Also, there are a few Prague beer guides that can show you where the best beer is to be found along with some ales. And yes, beer is very cheap.

Can't wait to go back... Cheers! :mug:

A few days ago I had the privilege of visiting a Beer Spa in Chodova Plana, Czech Republic. The experience inlcuded a massage followed by a 20 minute dip into a warm beer bath for two....my fiancee came along. They also had a grain wrap, but we didn't experience that. They even served me 2 chilled pints while I bathed!

Apparently, Chodovar is one of three beer spas throughout Europe. Below is a link to their website. It's off the beaten path, but if you find yourself in Prague or Plzen, it's worth checking out. Along with the Beer Spa, they've got a brewery you can tour, a restaurant located in an underground laagering tunnel, and a hotel...all connected.

:: Beer Wellness Land :: [Chodské pivo a patentnÃ* láhev - z Rodinného pivovaru CHODOVAR]

Anyone know of any place like this in the U.S.???

They showed that spa on a show about beer last night. It looked very relaxing. Sitting in a tub of beer while drinking a beer..Nice..

Back