Beer recipe okay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borran

Reaction score
Hi guys!

What do you think of my recipe?
Would you change something?
Thanks for the help! :)

beerrecipe.jpg

That seems like a really high bitterness ratio to me. this link indicates around 0.8ish for American IPA. If you upped the OG you could keep the same hop profile and have an Imperial IPA. Then again, people have different tastes so it might be what you are wanting :)

Yeah, I like high ratio bitterness, so I think I will keep it that way! But what do you think about the hop times? And using Columbus for flavouring and aroma?

Thanks for the link!

But what do you think about the hop times? And using Columbus for flavouring and aroma?

60/20/15/5/0 ... it's fine IMHO though a little more complex than I'd personally do :)

Columbus for flavoring and aroma? Go for it! I've done that myself and liked the result. The aroma was sort of like strong herbs to my nose. The flavor was more earthy than anything else but it didn't shine through due to other hops in the mix.

60/20/15/5/0 ... it's fine IMHO though a little more complex than I'd personally do :)

Columbus for flavoring and aroma? Go for it! I've done that myself and liked the result. The aroma was sort of like strong herbs to my nose. The flavor was more earthy than anything else but it didn't shine through due to other hops in the mix.

I usually tend to make it a little easier on myself on hop additions. Use more hops towards the very end or I usually whirlpool/hop stand my really late additions. I would up the dry hops too. So the 15/5/0 additions I would do probably just the 5 min addition then use those other hops to whirlpool.

Back