Beer Problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerman213

Reaction score
Tonight I was transferring a batch from my primary fermenter to my secondary. I got all done and realized that I had not sanitized anything! Everything was clean...thats because instead of sanitizer, I accidently mixed up a batch of PBW. The carboy was completely dry by the time I transferred. I understand about maybe some off flavors from not sanitizing but do you think anything will be harmful because the PBW was never really rinsed out well? I would still ike to drink this stuff. Any opinions? The PBW bottle has instructions for ingestion but I don't really think there was enough in residue left on the glass carboy to cause any harm. Any inputs will help. Thanks!

Walt

Its very unlikely that there is even enough residue left to even make the faintest hint of a difference. ferment bottle wait enjoy

Ok cool. I'll let it sit for another week then we'll be kegging it next friday...then enjoying it on Sat!!! I'll post back with an outcome. Thanks! If anyone has anything else, please let us know!

Latest posts

Back