Beer not flowing from tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hop

Reaction score
I have a 2 tap kegerator converted fridge with 2 five gallon cornelius kegs in it. This is my 2nd run at having 2 batches of homebrew on tap. The 1st tapping went effortlessly. The 2nd one, on the other hand, did not go 100% effortless. I have a double IPA and an Octoberfest on tap. The DIPA flows freely & deliciously. The Octoberfest will not flow at all. I inspected my lines and found some sediment in the beer in the line. I disconnected it and cleaned the line and tried again. Still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next??? Thanks in advance for your help, this place is a great resource.

First thing I would try is switching the lines to see if the IPA will work on the other line.

Just go with the flow...

Take the GAS disconnect off...push your thumb up against the valve nipple...to make sure the gas is flowing from the regulator.

With the Gas disonnected push the center of the gas connector on the keg to see if the keg is pressurized.

Take the liquid line off...put a towel over the keg connector...depress the poppet in the center with a screwdriver blade to see if beer comes squirting out.

With the liquid line off the keg...hold the tap open and depress the valve nipple to see if beer drains from the line.

Somewhere...you'll find it doesn't pass the test...and go back from there. Could be a stuck or faulty valve, sediment blockage in a dip tube, crud in the beverage line...

Sometimes it's as easy as forgetting the shutoff valve on the regulator...

If your quick disconnects have threads, you could swap them to push co2 into the in Post. That should free up what ever trub you have in the corny dip tube

Back