Beer machine 2000 review.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markomarkh

Reaction score
Hi all, I ordered this a week ago and got brewing as soon as I got it, first off the packaging was good, the extra bits were in the beer machine like taps and bits and bobs, good instructions but needs to be slightly better explained, you get the beer mix in a bag with yeast inside in a little packet, the machine had a bit of difficulty getting the clamps on and did leak at first but managed to fix that, that could be better designed, so I made the beer by mixing the powders into water into it, managed to do it with little mess. It's brewed for 5 days now and it's probably finished the brewing process, so I tried a sample by using tap and co2 thingy to give it a fizzy head today and it was quite a good ale( thought it was lager) its smooth tasting, nice head but not very fizzy like them cheap carling lagers which I like, you can taste the hops bitterness and nice malty taste, could just taste the alcohol, it's probably only 4% but overall I thought it was good for a first brew! Will be experimenting with other brew mixes soon.

Mr. Beerzilla is a play on Mr. Beer, he's saying it's like a big monster version of Mr. Beer

Hi, I have had a successful brew where the pressure built up to 12 in a day and went well. *That was two years ago and I broke out the beer machine again to brew. *I did the pressure test successfully again and cleaned with clorox just like last time. *This time no pressure. *My yeast packet DID say it expired a year ago. *I never opened the seal on even the lager mix before. *Is it likely the bad yeast is to blame for this failure to ferment? *Can I just go grab some proper yeast at my local brewing shop and drop it in now to give it a try or is it going to be a lost cause? *

I have one of these, too. And have used it a couple of times so far. It did a great job on the second batch, but the instructions for brewing aren't very good.

I added yeast into the first batch without making sure that the temperature was near 65-70. The yeast did not start until the fourth day. Not sure that the instructions speak to the importance of pitching temperature.

Another thing that I did on the second time around was to boil about 1.5 gallons of water, adding the mix to it after turning off the boil. Then cooled it by sitting the saucepan on top of some ice in the sink.

Once cooled there is some care needed to pour it in the fermenter and then added water to the fill line so that the ending temperature was 70 degrees F. And I rehydrated the yeast before pitching. It worked fine doing it this way.

Left it alone on the kitchen counter for 3 weeks and then bottled. I should not have bottled. I should have left it alone for another 3 weeks and taken advantage of the ready to drink feature - carbonated naturally on tap.

I'd say that it works as well, maybe better than any fermenter if brewed on standard timing. I am not quite in agreement that it will taste good on the schedule that comes in the instructions.

From what I read it is OK to pitch more yeast if it is the same or similar kind of yeast.

I have a Beer Machine 2000 myself. I got it, well, 12 years ago. I used it twice, but never made a drinkable beer out of it.

It did make me interested in brewing beer, though. I think I still have about 6 "refill packs" somewhere in the basement!

I have a Beer Machine 2000 myself. I got it, well, 12 years ago. I used it twice, but never made a drinkable beer out of it.

It did make me interested in brewing beer, though. I think I still have about 6 "refill packs" somewhere in the basement!

My second try turned out really nice with the APA mix. I sort of butchered the Octoberfest mix - it was my first try at the hobby. Can't wait to do another batch but my son has dibs on it right now for some mini-mash practice.

I had one of these years ago. Actually it did a pretty decent job for what it was. I got it when the craft brew thing was taking off here in the mid 90s and it was nice trying out some beer making of my own.

This thing is a pretty cool little serving vessel. I wish I still had mine around because I probably would throw together at least one all grain 2.5 gallon recipe, just to see if it would work. The fermentor/serving vessel all in one was a pretty cool idea.

Back