beer line splitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamLucko

Reaction score
So I have just got a few kegs for a party (commercial and free). and I have a great little keezer I built for Cornelius kegs. I have a few sanke couplers. So here is my questions. Is it possible to split the line out to use both sanke coupler and for the corny keg? not for gas as I have extra gas lines for carbing that I can convert to the sanke coupler but just for the output of the beer from the two different styles of kegs.. and in this case perhaps for all 3 kinds of taps, corny pins and balls, and sanke (US). Is there a manifold for this situation? what do you think?

I serve from all 3 forms of kegs like you have. I use the flare fittings so you can easily swap the fittings for whatever keg you are going to hook up. They are quick and easy to swap out. For the sanke kegs, I have both types of conveters; ball lock and flare. Both seem to work fine.

The problem with a manifold is that you will not maintain a consistent pressure drop through the manifold and will most likely have foaming problems from the CO2 coming out of suspension.

I believe He's talking about a manifold for liquid side not gas. And no that wouldn't work. Otherwise you'd pull one tap handle and get how ever many kegs hooked up dispensing at the same time. You need a faucet for each keg you plan to serve. You could split a keg to more than one faucet but you can't serve multiple kegs from a single faucet without disconnecting one and hooking up the other.

I have a different gas line for each keg. I also have a liquid line out from each keg. I just wanna split where the line out from the keg to be able to use a sanke keg or a corny keg at different times, pending on what friends is bringing what types of keg? Crane, do you have a pic of the flares? I'd like to see and get an idea of what I could do!? thanks!

Back