Beer Kit Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swh127

Reaction score
I ordered 2 kits from morebeer and they arrived today. I will be brewing the first on monday or tuesday and the other probably a week from then (when i rack out of the primary)

How should I store the kits till I brew?

If you've got liquid yeast or a smack pack DEFINITELY store it in the fridge.

The other stuff should be fine anywhere.

thanks, already have the liquid yeast, and the dry yeast for good measure in the fridge. If the rest of the stuff is fine elsewhere I will just leave it in the basement with the rest of my brewing stuff.

Thanks agian for the quick reply.

Don't know about everyone else, the the HBS that I frequent has all the kits just up on the shelf. Looks to me like everything is shelf stable in the kits. Canned LME, packaged hop pelletts and yeast, DME in a sealed bag. Unless you have them make a "kit" for you out of fresh ingredients, I think it is safe to say just put your kit in the house, room temp. With the exception of liquid yeast, you'd be alright.

uh huh and where i shop all the coffee is on a shelf too but i refrigerate my coffee just the same. i think it keeps it fresher. i put everything in the fridge ... it's why i bought a very large fridge. just me though i could be smokin crack.

I put my coffee in the refridgerator also. After it's opened. No need to put anything in a kit in the refridgerator. I'd hate to try to work with LME after it's been in the fridge. Besides, the guy said that he's going to be brewing everything within the next week or so.

Back