Beer in Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxonbrew

Reaction score
Hi all

I will be heading out to Dallas in a few weeks from the UK. Can anybody suggest good stores to buy single bottles of beer. Or build your own six packs??

Also what beer should I be looking out for? What's the best at the moment?

Thanks for any help :)

Cheers!

My favorite craft beer that I drink ( when I don't have any of my Homebrew to drink) is Sierra Nevada. I usually get the pale ale, but the tropical torpedo is also really good. You should check it out.

Hi all

I will be heading out to Dallas in a few weeks from the UK. Can anybody suggest good stores to buy single bottles of beer. Or build your own six packs??

Also what beer should I be looking out for? What's the best at the moment?

Thanks for any help :)

Cheers!

What part of Dallas will you be in? That will help to make some suggestions for something close to you.

Total Wine and Spec’s are the two main Beer/Liquor stores in the area that will have a wide selection of local and US beers. Whole Foods, Central Market and even Signature Kroger’s are grocery stores that let you make your own six pack.

Places to drink beer, Ginger Man as mentioned also Flying Saucer. There are also many Growler Fill style stores that are great for getting a flight of beers to try. Most of the Growler stores do not sell bottles of beer though.

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your replies!

ReaperOneFour - we get SN pale and Torpedo in the UK and I like both. I haven't tried the tropical and will look out for it.

SEndorf - I'll be sure to try to get to the ginger man.

NTexBreer - Thanks, that's really helpful information. I'm heading over for work so unfortunately I wont get much time. I'll be Downtown, at the omni(?) I've been to a total wine before (in CA) so I'll be sure to try and find one in Dallas. I haven't heard of spec's, is it better than total wine?? I'm always keen to go to places where you can build your own six or buy singles because I bring them home with me to the UK (beer that I cant get over here). Last time I was in CA I got some great beer from Ballast Point and Deschutes - really nice. I'll also be sure to check out the grocery stores you mention if I can find one near to where I'm staying. Does TX or Dallas have a brewery I should try to check out?

Thanks again - really appreciate the help :)

I just came back from Dallas. I stopped at Halls and picked up a bunch of different sixers (St Arnold, Real Ale, Jester King, Karbach, Rahr & Sons, ect). Halls seemed to be a pretty good place to pick some up (happened to be close to my hotel). Everything was in a cooler, not sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

full

Last edited:
Back