Beer Engine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schemy

Reaction score
So my homebrew club will be serving beer from a beer engine at a beer festival this saturday. We are trying to decide between two beers to put on the engine. What do you folks think?

A. English Barleywine aged with Oak and Whiskey. 12%
B. ESB aged in a Templeton Rye Barrel 6.5%

I would do the Barleywine, and serve it at about 55-60F. I LOVEEEE the malty goodness of a lightly chilled, cask served barleywine!

Thanks. The initial club choice was the barleywine, but we've been mulling it over the closer we get.

My vote is the ESB also.

I just got a beer engine also but so far I haven't been able to get it started....

BeerEngine.jpg

Though I'd prefer the Barleywine myself, my sense is that the ESB would appeal to a larger variety of people....

My senses tell me that the ESB would be best as well, but it looks like we are going with the Barley wine. This is an extreme beerfest, and it doesn't get much more extreme than BW on a beer engine.

Thnaks for all the input, I'll let you know how it works out.

Well the barley wine on the engine was a huge success. It was the first of 7 kegs to cash, people just couldn't get enough of it.

Latest posts

Back