Beer Donation or Tip Jar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it ok to ask for Donations for Brewing Costs?

• Hell yes, They are drinking it and loving it!

• No way, I brew cuz i like it and love sharing for free.

• I share with Nader only.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd get a really big piggy bank and set it by the taps with a "Feed the Beer Pig, You Swine!" sign. Humor works with most people.

Since I feel that I am still learning about the hobby, any opinion on my beer is always welcome. I've been at this for a year and a half and still learning. So, as long as I get some honest opinions about the quality of beer that they "sample", that is the price for the beer. It's amazing how "educated" my friends are getting.
Things are getting better each batch with their help.

Another vote for tacky.

If my friends are coming over, they're usually not coming by for just beer...dinner, etc. and they usually bring something (chips, dessert, etc). That's just good taste. When they do just stop in and have a beer, they're welcome to as much as they want. They'd do the same for me.

I do like the homebrew-barter thing though, that's pretty much how I paid my friend for welding my system. And I still pay him, give him and his wife at least a 6 pack each every time I see them.

I just like sharing my beer, enjoying good beer with my friends and enjoy them enjoying the beer. :D

Back