Beer Documentary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Dog Brewing

Reaction score
Hello everyone-

I have to make a 5-7 minute documentary for a class I'm taking. I wanted to do it on something that I am pretty familiar with to make it easier, and since I love home brewing and beer, I thought about maybe doing a piece on Home Brewing.

So now on to the favor/ question to all my home brew pals.
1) do you know where I can get some good facts about homebrewing? Not so much how to do it but more like interesting tidbits of home brewing that people may find interesting.
2) where I can find some good home brewing pictures. I saw there is a forum here but I don't know how the rights and all that stuff works. Not that this will ever be produced professionally just something I have to do for a film class I'm in.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

-BMW

Rather than finding interesting tidbits, it may be easier to find a homebrewer and do a story on them. Now, to make it a documentary vs a news story may be challenging, but it's not impossible.
In doing doc work, I've found the key is to tell a story. Find someone who homebrews, and try to find their story.

Rather than finding interesting tidbits, it may be easier to find a homebrewer and do a story on them. Now, to make it a documentary vs a news story may be challenging, but it's not impossible.
In doing doc work, I've found the key is to tell a story. Find someone who homebrews, and try to find their story.

I see what you are saying, but I want to basically tell the story (as you said) of home brewing and it's impact on the beer culture. That video had some great stuff in it in regards to how many homebrewers there are and all kinds of other things. Mind if I use that video as a reference of information? Do you know of any where else I could find more and interesting statistics? My doc only has to be like 6 minutes it's not like I have to fill a 30 min time slot. Just something small for my first project of this semester. Anymore help would be appriciated and thanks guys.

-BMW

You ought to hit up a local homebrew competition. Yes, history and such is interesting, but the people that make up the homebrew crowd are what make it great.

If you've ever seen footage of a Star Trek convention, it's the odd folks that make the thing what it is, not the history of the inertial dampening system (introduced after season 1) to solve the sticky problem of slowing down from warp speeds without turning the Enterprise crew into jelly.

I'd go film a bunch of hb doofs judging beer winning prizes.

Thanks for the advice, I definitely like your idea. The problem is this is supposed to be really basic and I only have to weeks to write, edit and everything else I think this is just a jump off point for the professor to see where everyone's basic skills are. I don't think I'll have time to go all out, find some other brewers and competitions and everything. I'm going to go very basic.

Thanks

-BMW

Latest posts

Back