Beer, Beer, Beer said the brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E_Marquez

Reaction score
Marry men are we....... for we brew today, and drink tomorrow...... well ok, 9 weeks or so from today, but darn it, I did brew today.

This is a recipe from a local brewer. "Mikes" Texas Midnight Ale recipe found at Barley & Hops, Copperas Cove, Tx.
The recipe was changed to suit my wants....
Tell me what you think.
(this is what I brewed, not the recipe i found) http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/texas-midnight-ale-with-a-twist

In general my changes from the original recipe
Partial mash (specialty grains steeped 60 min, rinsed with 3 qt 170 deg water) 60 min Boil with the addition of 1.25 oz cascade Hops (leaf ) at 20 min remaining An extra .5 oz Mount Hood at 5 min remaining (recipe called for .5 oz) Added 55% Maltose and 45% Glucose mix to boost AVB up approx 1% Plus substitution of Traditional Dark DME (briess) for the recipe called for Extra Dark.

Modified recipe should produce a slightly more Hoppy beer, a little less sweet, and a few shades lighter in color.

:mug:

Back