Beer and your health

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been singing the health benefits of beer to SWMBO for years. She works in health care and no matter how I try to spin it she always says I'm full of ****. Oh well........here's to our health and longevity!!!:mug:

+1!

Actually, if you search the Journal of the American Medical Association and the New England Journal of Medicine, you'll find a lot of info. Most, of course, warn against heavy drinking but show that moderate alcohol consumption has been linked to decreased cardiovascular disease and stroke, among others.

Here's some more proof ;) :

Alcohol Intake and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease Mortality in Persons with Older-Onset Diabetes Mellitus

Benefits and Dangers of Alcohol

Alcohol for Stroke Prevention?

The Protective Effect of Moderate Alcohol Consumption on Ischemic Stroke

Prospective Study of Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Dementia in Older Adults

However, as with most things, it's not all green...some studies indicate a higher risk of breast cancer in women associated with alcohol consumption. To that end, I'm offering free breast exams to those ladies who enjoy alcohol. :D Just make sure to bring some beer for me. ;)

Cheers!

"Tastes Great!! Makes women appear more attractive, and makes a person virtually invulnerable to criticism"........Homer Simpson.

It has to be good for you!

Back