Beer and Season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuNchBoX1371 said:
Hey just wondering wat kind of beers do u like for every season?

Ambers, alts, porters, stouts and bitters in the winter

Wheats, Saisons, pilsners in the summers

Pales, IPAs, Belgians pretty much all year round

hefe's,ipa's,pilsners=spring and summer
belgian strongs,dubbel's,stouts= fall and winter

thats just what i like

I honestly don't get the seasonality thing. I like Stout just as much during the summer as I do in the winter. Same with pretty much any other beer.

The only exception would be a beer that is only brewed seasonally (so I can't get my hands on it). I'm forced not to drink it, but it's through no fault of my own. :D

The light on my beer indicator for "IN SEASON" seems to stay on all year long. ;)

It is whatever you are in the mood for!

I HAVE 6 taps.

Porter
Pumpkin seed wheat
pumpkin seed porter
Orange ale
Munich helles lager
Caramel Amber

The pumpkin seed beers are influenced by season (obviously) but it is merely (as b-boy said) a timing thing, not a "Pumpkin seed beers are good in winter" thing.

I don't really have any preferences as far as season/temperatures go for DRINKING beer, but seeing as I do not have climate control or have the time to feed a swamp cooler, I do look out for tempratures before BREWING a beer.

I will typically brew lagers and pilsners in the Winter where I can keep my garage in the low to high 50s, Belgian beers in the Summer where I don't have to worry too much about fermenting temps or off-flavors, ales and stouts in general during Spring and Fall where I can manage a low 60s to mid-70s ambient temp.

I luckily have the capacity to keep a lot of beers on tap, so I drink them whenever, and rarely run out. :)

Back