Beer Alchemy for PC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salt

Reaction score
I am trying to find a brewing software but can't really seem to find one that I like. The GUI of BeerSmith I really don't care for. ProMash is out of the question. I am leaning towards Beer Tools Pro but I don't like the setup and navigation.

Is Beer Alchemy available for PC or am I going to have to dual boot if I want to use it.

I am a beer tools user, I like the recipe software, and I can now add all the mash rest and the hop additions and transfer it to my brew timer software. But there is still much I don't understand. Like what do you get with the gold edition, What's with there web site, and why can they down load and up load between the two. If I am getting the upgrades, Why can't i get upgraded data to fill in the database. Like no Citra hops, Why can't I get the new malts added with the right data. That's what worth the gold edition fees. But that's me.
I do like the program and how it' handles the recipes a whole lot.

Beer Alchemy is not available for the PC. Not sure if he has any plans to ever do that or not. My guess is no otherwise he probably would have by now.

If you have the installation disks for the MAC, you may be able to use VirtualBox to run the OS on the PC. It's a lot easier than setting up a dual boot system, especially if you have Windows 7.

-a.

If you have the installation disks for the MAC, you may be able to use VirtualBox to run the OS on the PC. It's a lot easier than setting up a dual boot system, especially if you have Windows 7.

-a.

Thanks for the heads up

Back