Beeping Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giftedeye2

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a Danby Magic Fire Kegerator that I am currently using to Lager a beer. I have this plugged into a temp controlled power outlet which works fine. The only problem is everytime the kegerator is plugged in it beeps so that means every time it kicks back on with temp control it beeps very loudly. Any way to DYI deactivate this without breaking my unit? lol

The "Fire Magic" series is not supported on Danby's site so I can't find anything about it.
It's apparently a boutique product exclusive to some external retail channel, and none of the sites I've found that have carried it provide links to any manuals or circuit diagrams. Also, I haven't found a site that still stocks it - most say "Discontinued" - which isn't making things any easier.

If this unit has a digital display/controller (ugh) there's a circuit board associated with it. A beeper should be easily recognizable so one option would be to directly disable it via disconnection (cut a lead or trace or just unsolder it)...

Cheers!

Back